8.1.12

Bad Mood Sundays



Today has just been one of those days. I woke up at a reasonable time, and started to brighten up with the sun. Then, my brother walks in talking and turns the overhead light on. I was not happy. Events like this blacken my mood for the rest of the day generally which, of course, is what happened today. 

After the rude second awakening, we were supposed to leave by 11.15am. I hate being late anywhere, and strive to meet self made deadlines. Alas, my companion wasn't ready until 12.15pm. Cue moodiness in the car because of leaving late. Cue more moodiness because of annoying texts from Adam. Cue pure red-in-the-head anger when I call him and he says 'stupid' things. Today wasn't working out right.

IKEA (our destination) was too crowded for my liking, people and buggies e.v.e.r.y.w.h.e.r.e! Not cool. Find what we wanted and leave the store. I can't steer those damned trolley things anywhere, so I get in people's way and annoy myself even more. We get to the car and companion hasn't emptied the boot. Why wouldn't you empty the boot? Gahh!

Load the car, want coffee.

Head off searching for coffee. Find coffee. Can't find parking space. Park car in what we thought was an a-okay space. Get coffee. Mooch round Boots. Go back to car. PARKING WARDEN! Run to car. Apologise profusely. Drive away like a scolded dog. Moan about burning tongue on coffee. Bad bad day.

Get home. Get annoyed with brother. Watch Sherlock and get interrupted by steam ironing. Cry a little inside :(

So, after all of this, I go for a nice hot bath with my Kindle and a cold glass of Chardonnay. To top all things off, my kindle is dead and there is no hot water.

Can I cry yet?

p.s. i feel like the tree

1 comment:

Grace said...

But that tree is BEAUTIFUL!

Love grace.